Friday, July 25, 2008

Out on the Streets

As I mentioned I have been on holidays and tomorrow I will be trying something new. I will be walking to my nearest city, the great twin city Kitchener-Waterloo. The walk will be about 25 km of beautiful rolling countryside. Then I will be spending the night on the mean streets of downtown Kitchener living by my wits. I have always wanted to spend a night on the street. I don't think this desire is in any way condescending or at least more condescending than most other desires. I just sort of want to. I tried doing it one time in Winnipeg about 10 years ago and always got to freaked out by the noises around me when I was trying to fall asleep. We'll see what will happen this time. I have also never gone for such a long walk and am considering it a type of experimental pilgrimage. I think there is a lot of potential for local pilgrimages. I am hoping to eventually to a 3-4 day pilgrimage to Toronto. There are incredible natural, urban and industrial areas in that stretch to reflect on and pray over. I do not pray very well and consider intentional walking a form of prayer.
See you in a couple of days . . . hopefully!

No comments: